CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

To Write Love On Her Arms

It's pretty late (or early I guess), I really need a better sleep schedule.


It's been pretty dull around here lately, aside from my sister being mad at me most of the day.  She got over it...Well I'm never sure if she's really over it or if she only makes up because her OCD won't let her go to bed angry.

I'm not teasing her about the OCD, I've had it most of my life and battled it dearly.  I just get upset that she won't take steps to get better...

Well, anyway I've been getting more involved with TWLOHA lately, joined the street team on fancorps.  It's a really cool organization that focuses on sort of rehabbing depressed and suicidal people with love, I think it's an amazing thing actually. When I discovered it about a year or ago I appreciated it mostly because of my own struggles with anxiety and OCD (a long drawn out story I'll write more about another time maybe) but now I'm wanting to get more involved for my sister's sake, I want to learn whatever I can about loving her through all this pain she's going through. I wish I could introduce her to it via mypsace, (her favorite place) or something but I've tried things like that before, she usually just gives it a passing coolness.
The idea behind To Write Love On Her Arms really reminds of the way my Grandmother (Mary) is.  She's an 82 year old,  28 year sober alcoholic and substance abuser, mentors prostitutes and spends her time among addicts. She's the most amazing woman I've ever known and all my life I've grown up with her motos"people just do the best they can" and "you're just right for me".  They echo more loudly the last few years.  

Anyway, the point is that one of the reasons I respect TWLOHA so much is because it reminds me of my Grandmother and that mentality of loving people no matter what.  Though I guess it's really the Jesus mentality.  You mean there is an organization out there that really just wants to see people get better and be happy ,with no ulterior motives? Haha, that's what I'm saying!

By the way, not to advertise, but if your interested in knowing more about TWLOHA visit
www.towriteloveonherarms.com 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really neat havent thought there is such ministry
i had a such encountar dint know what to do ...you wonder weatherits demonica attacks or its mental problem ha ha ha thin line you knw