CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

as deep as lines.

She reached around to grab the house key out her purse, her face turning to profile. The sun was hot, and I glanced back to hurry her along. Her mouth was twisted that quirky way that it always is when she's concentrating. My eyes narrowed for a blink, what was wrong with her face? I studied her for the moment she was turned away from me. The cute dimples creases at the edges of her mouth were now deep set lines. I felt like I hadn't noticed until that particular moment. How had I been missing such a change?





In the space of a second, I saw the sorrows of over a decade of secrets in it's physical manifestation. She was still beautiful, but those subtle lines told the tales that she has yet to.





I don't know if she'll ever heal completely, or if the bruised and broken parts have already closed up over crooked bones.









Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comments:

MaryMaryQuiteContrary said...

I pretty much made a whole blog just so I could comment on this post.

that is probably one of the saddest and most beautiful stories I have heard.